Event Management Scholarship
Metro Toronto Convention Centre
Areas of Study : Hospitality & Tourism Administration with a Special Events Management elective; Events Planning-Destination Tourism, Event Management (post-graduate)
Who Can Apply
- Centennial College, Conestoga College, George Brown College , Humber College or Niagara College students: currently enrolled in their final year of a two-year Event Management diploma or a 1-year Event Management graduate program (Conestoga College & Humber College)
- Applicants must be Canadian Citizens or Landed Immigrants
- Applicants must not have received any other Canadian Hospitality Foundation scholarship
IMPORTANT, PLEASE NOTE:An identical award is being offered by Metro Toronto Convention Centre through the Ontario Hostelry Institute at the following website:http://theohi.ca/Scholarships/StudentAwards.
How to Apply
Applications are available online: click here to view application form. Send the completed application form and the required documents directly to the Canadian Hospitality Foundation, 300 Adelaide St. East, Rm 339, Toronto ON M5A 1N1, on or before the deadline date (please note that missing, falsified or incomplete documents will be grounds for elimination):
- Application form: completed and signed (pen or typewritten only)
- OFFICIAL Transcript of Records: Most current of your complete academic history at the college you are enrolled in now (web grades, photocopy, emailed or faxed transcript will not be accepted)
- Letter(s) of recommendation from your program instructor and/or Administrator has to be signed and must include address, telephone and where possible, email address (on college letterhead). The Foundation reserves the right to check all references
- Letter(s) of recommendation from your past or current employer(s) (reference letters for volunteer activities will also be considered) must be signed and must include address, telephone and email address (on company letterhead)
- Essay: A 300-word essay giving reasons (a) why you are drawn to the event management field of the hospitality industry (b) why you think you will succeed in it and (c) describe where you see yourself professionally five years from now.
The Foundation reserves the right to check all references.
Deadline for Submission
Applications must be received no later than Friday, May 17, 2013. Applications received after due date will not be eligible.
Applications are reviewed by the award sponsor and will be judged on the following criteria. Points assigned to each of the criteria from a total of 100 points are as follows:
- Work experience (20)
- Scholastic record (20):
- Extra-curricular activities both in school and in the community (20)
- Letters of recommendation (20)
- Essay (10)
- Other considerations assigned at the discretion of the selections committee such as quality of application (neatness, imagination, effort put into its presentation); special financial need; etc. (10)
Payment of Scholarship Money
The scholarship money will be paid in November of the year the scholarship is awarded. The Foundation will seek confirmation of full-time enrollment from the college before payment is made. Payment is made directly to the college for credit towards the recipient’s tuition fees. If the tuition fee has already been paid in full, the money will then be paid to the student by the college.
Website Posting of Recipients
Results of the scholarship judging will be posted at www.thechf.ca/scholarships by August of the year the scholarship is awarded.